GOED seeking business development representativeJuly 18, 2016
The South Dakota Governor’s Office of Economic Development is seeking a Business Development Representative.
Primary responsibility is to help expand and retain those companies already doing business in South Dakota, as well as to attract new companies through business recruitment by developing business leads, aligning the prospective businesses with local communities and facilitating incentives to secure business expansion or relocation in South Dakota. Other responsibilities include serving as a liaison and resource to promote business expansion and community growth.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Previous economic development sales experience.
- principles and practices of finance and economics;
- federal, state, community and private resources useful in providing service to businesses and prospects;
- sales and marketing techniques;
- South Dakota business climate.
- work both independently and in a team environment;
- create, develop, and maintain relationships;
- communicate effectively;
- organize time and resources to achieve goals and objectives;
- effectively identify opportunities in economic development;
- speak in a public setting;
- think outside of the box to maximize resources to fit prospects needs.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx.