In January, the American Public Power Association (APPA) is kicking off a five-part webinar series designed to educate governing bodies on the public power model.
Attendees will learn the duties, responsibilities and processes to achieve effective governance of public power utilities. They will also learn how to monitor utility, board and CEO performance, and discuss the opportunities and challenges the industry faces.
The series includes the following five webinars, which can be taken individually or as a series for a discounted rate:
- Communicate the Public Power Advantage – January 24
- Understand Board Roles and Responsibilities – February 14
- Know Your Statutory and Fiduciary Duties – March 7
- Support Long-Term Fiscal Fitness – April 4
- Measure and Improve Performance – April 25
All webinars will take place from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Central time.
Who Should Participate
Individuals on public power utility boards and city councils and commissions, utility executives and utility staff who regularly interact with governing bodies are encouraged to participate. While the content is geared primarily toward those who are new to governance, seasoned board and council members will also benefit.
- Tim Blodgett, President & CEO, Hometown Connections
- Dawn Lund, Vice President, Utility Financial Solutions
- Steve VanderMeer, Senior Vice President, Hometown Connections
Individual webinars are $99 each for APPA members and $199 for nonmembers. The entire series can be purchased at a discounted rate for $399 for APPA members and $799 for nonmembers.
Heartland customers have a complimentary APPA membership and qualify for the discounted rates.